Irregular Heartbeat.


Two days ago was Valentine's day. A day dedicated to love love love. And I felt it. I felt it in me and around me and everywhere. The world was pink, red and white. I felt gentle in my pink rose dress. I felt love.

Love is such a strong feeling. It can make you melt, it can make you sigh of joy, and it can make you smile. People hug and kiss each other every day. It's so special, and so rare. I'm in love with love.

It doesn't matter who or what you are, loving is so natural. Sometimes, allowing raw emotion to pour out of your heart can be your heaven, especially after a rough time. People think you have to have a significant other to love, but the truth is there is love all around. You can love your family, your pet, your stuffed teddy or your best friend. Gosh darn it, love the tree down the road or the forest behind your house.

I've said this quote before, and I will say it again: "Everyone says love hurts, but that is not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Envy hurts. Everyone gets these things confused with love, but in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all the pain and makes someone feel wonderful again. Love is the only thing in this world that does not hurt." -Liam Neeson.

Darling, I need you to feel it deep inside. Some people close their hearts, but isn't it better to love? Happiness can fill you and you can feel so so so alive. And don't ever forget the importance of self love. You must learn to find every ounce of beauty within yourself, because you harbor such beauty.

I can go on and on about love. But, I shall leave you with a mixtape I created. It was to play on Valentine's Day, but if you ever need to feel love, give it a listen: http://8tracks.com/firefly_lights/love-me-mix-vol-1

Is breá liom tú. Je t'aime. S'agapo. Wo ai ni. Te amo. I love you.

(Yes, the title is a reference to The 1975's song.)

Check out Thought Dweller's Instagram.

Comments

Popular Posts