2 0 1 6 .

I think a hard part in life (and many moments in life, really) is always starting the end, you know? When you look at something that has given you so much, and realize that you will never see it again. It's possible that actually leaving is the hardest part, but to me, it's understanding that you have to say goodbye. But, I'm letting go of this year kindly, and saying bonjour to the new year ahead.

I didn't truly care that 2015 was ending until a little bit after Christmas. I began caring three days ago, December 28th to be exact. I spent the day with my friends, wandering around our little town.  During that time, I found I was so happy. My happiness has improved drastically from the beginning of the year and to now. It's the end and I feel happy. I am fully aware that I just said that word three times in two lines, but repeat it to yourself. Happy. It's a remarkable emotion. That is how I'm going into 2016. I have small plans, some big plans and I feel that it's going to be a wonderful year.


There are a few things that have stuck with me over these final days, and I think they'll help me make this new year amazing.

Music: Happy by Marina and The Diamonds. It's a sweet, soft tune. I don't know if I'll like it forever, but in this moment, it seems right. Then, there are also those songs that I have loved for the longest time and will always stay with me (Late Lights by Great Mountain Fire, yes yes yes).

Item: I recently purchased a mini Buddha Board for myself. This is how I would like to begin. One goal I have for 2016 is to increase the amount of calmness I feel each day. I find I used to be very calm, but as high school swung around, I was more stressed. Hopefully, with the help of this beautiful little invention, I can create a more peaceful environment around and within me.

Quote: "Everyone says love hurts, but that is not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Envy hurts. Everyone gets these things confused with love, but in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all the pain and makes someone feel wonderful again. Love is the only thing in this world that does not hurt." -Liam Neeson.

Setting: The girl sits on her bed. The long, white skirt she's wearing pools around her legs. In front of her is a little board that she draws upon, but her eyes turn to the balcony. Peering out, beyond the open doors, she notices the white homes. The town seems to be only of white painted against the blue sky. It was a place that strongly resembled Puglia, Italy. And she remains in peace in her bedroom. She takes a breath of the morning air, and exhales, filling herself with complete calmness. 

The setting is merely something in my head, but it's something so beautiful.*



But, that's only me. Beyond that, isn't it amazing what time has done for us? It carried us from Roman rule to the Industrial Revolution. Time carries war, love, death, freedom and the entire universe. Here, on Earth, there are seven billion people. We have hearts and emotions of such strength. We cry, we laugh, we dance, we sing, we smile, we create, we feel. Oh my stars, what a wonderful thing it is to feel.

I plan on make my list of resolutions tonight, before the clock strikes midnight. Does anyone else feel it? The magic that 2016 will bring? I truly believe it's going to be a terrific year. Let's make it that way as well, shall we?

I hope you all have a magnificent new year, loves.

Check out Thought Dweller's Instagram.

Comments

Popular Posts